Image Map

September 20, 2014

PinkDipsyBulle Franken Polish - Queen Conch, Golden Apple, Nebula and Lady of the Lake Swatches & Reviews



GUYS HEY!

I'm 23 weeks pregnant yesterday and I can no longer bend over without grunting. So, anyway...

I actually have some swatches for you today! That is your reward for still subscribing to my junk... you get to see some stuff sometimes. Quality blogging, right there!


PinkDipsyBulle - Queen Conch, Golden Apple, Lady of the Lake, Nebula
*Hallelujah Chorus interlude*
It's no secret that I'm a total PinkDipsyBulle fangirl, and I could not have been more excited to review some polish at the request of The Shimmer Wizard herself (which I'm going to call her from now on... sorry). If you'll recall, my first favorite indie polish ever was Indian Ocean and it continues to reign as champion of my heart; it's also the only polish in my entire (kind of pathetic, comparatively) 300-ish bottle collection that I have a backup of. That being said, my fanatic raving is completely genuine and honest.

First up is Queen Conch, a cool-toned bubblegum pink with electric blue flash. Good formula on this guy; the brushstrokes are much less apparent in person than the OttLite picture would have you believe, so don't let that deter you. The blue flash is also more flash-tastic in real life, of course.

Shown below is three thin coats with topcoat.

PinkDipsyBulle - Queen Conch Swatch
Sunlight
PinkDipsyBulle - Queen Conch Swatch
Sunlight
PinkDipsyBulle - Queen Conch Swatch
OttLite
PinkDipsyBulle - Queen Conch Swatch
Sunlight

Next stop: Golden Apple, a soft mint green with bright golden flash that seriously glows on the nail. The way this dude looks in the bottle makes me want to eat it... it looks as though maybe it would taste like the best, like, magic taffy in the universe. Can we just pretend there's any amount of sense in that? Thanks. So, uh, yeah... I've always wanted a shade like this but none that I've found that were similar (mint base/golden flash) had enough oomph, you know? Another good formula, also less brushstroke-y in reality.

Shown below is three coats with topcoat.

PinkDipsyBulle - Golden Apple Swatch
Sunlight
PinkDipsyBulle - Golden Apple Swatch
Sunlight
PinkDipsyBulle - Golden Apple Swatch
OttLite
PinkDipsyBulle - Golden Apple Swatch
Sunlight
PinkDipsyBulle - Golden Apple Swatch
OttLite

Now we're at Nebula, one of three recently released multichrome toppers. This guy shifts between violet to blue to teal, and has gold to green shifting glitters. Pretty much bottled divinity, if you wanted to know how I really felt.
A bit on the thicker side but not in an unreasonable way, which made for an easier application as I only needed one steady coat to achieve righteousness. If this polish doesn't make your extremities tingle even a tiny bit then I don't even know if we can be friends anymore.

Shown below is one coat with topcoat over black.

PinkDipsyBulle - Nebula Swatch
Sunlight... kinda
PinkDipsyBulle - Nebula Swatch
OttLite

PinkDipsyBulle - Nebula Swatch
OttLite
PinkDipsyBulle - Nebula Swatch
Shade
PinkDipsyBulle - Nebula Swatch
Shade
PinkDipsyBulle - Nebula Swatch
OttLite

And lastly, we have Lady of the Lake, a grape-violet jelly base with bright blue shimmer. Reminds me of Rescue Beauty Lounge - Scrangie, except with a cooler, jelly-er base. A bit less opaque than the first two, I was still able to build to opacity in three coats. Lady of the Lake is a limited edition polish (read: she's only going to make a handful so I suggest jumping all over that noise if you want it). The blue shimmer in this is effing glorious -- it almost reads as a duochrome in some lights, and it has this sparkle that is just so yes.

Shown below is three coats with topcoat.

PinkDipsyBulle - Lady of the Lake Swatch
Sunlight
PinkDipsyBulle - Lady of the Lake Swatch
Sunlight
PinkDipsyBulle - Lady of the Lake Swatch
OttLite
PinkDipsyBulle - Lady of the Lake Swatch
Shade
PinkDipsyBulle - Lady of the Lake Swatch
Sunlight
PinkDipsyBulle - Lady of the Lake Swatch
Sunlight

So, right? And she has a whole shop full of polishes like these -- here! Each goes for $6 for 10 mL and they're 3-free. She's also releasing two other limited edition polishes along with Lady of the Lake and they're also gorgeous, and that's all you get to know.

On a side note: my pinky nail snapped in half the day after I was asked to swatch these, so I kept the nail in order to glue it back on for swatch purposes, but then I lost the damned nail. So I'm wearing a false nail for the photos which is why it looks kind of bizarre compared to the rest of my nails, in case you noticed that. Poor little freak-nail. 

Well maybe I'll see you around soon, you know? I'm still buying crap-tons of polish, just not swatching them so much these days. I've been workin' from home, with two endlessly energized children and the third in my belly, making not taking naps pretty much not an option if I get the opportunity. 

Oh, by the way, he's a boy. A little boy without a name yet and he's currently kicking me just to the right of my belly button. THERE IS A SMALL HUMAN BEING LIVING INSIDE OF MY BODY. It seriously doesn't get any less freaky the second time around. Pregnancy is SO WEIRRRRDD.

I used to seriously get gaggy thinking about just having organs. A HUMAN. Anyway. Hope you're all well. I miss you. XOXOX

4 comments:

  1. Yay! A post by you! I love the polishes. The pink one is so pretty! I would get a bit freaked out at the thought of another person living in me when I was pregnant too. It's so strange to think about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even like pink that much and I plan on wearing the crap out of Queen Conch! The Shimmer Whisperer.

      Anyway, yeah, it's super messed up. He's something like 11 inches long and a bit over a pound in weight, and has a face and hands and thighs and stuff... I spend a great amount of time pretending he's just this amorphous wiggling blob so I don't have to think about his bones and appendages and BRAIN.

      skdjfhaiwuehflaidsujhbfgaliedugbfasdfhgbdlsifgh

      For the record, the first time I was like YES. I AM SO INTO THIS. BONDING. And I kind of just assumed it would be like that again. I guess actually witnessing a real-life human baby come out of there kind of scarred me a little. Ha ha.

      Delete
  2. You're back! I'm so glad the pregnancy is going well, and that you're posting again (even if it's only here and there).

    That topper? I really really need that sucker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is going well, as much as I complain! I've reached the point of squished-lung-feeling, like I'm at a higher altitude than I'm used to, but I'm also reeeeally enjoying food and food and food. The good with the bad.

      Isn't it great, though?! I'm not a topper person generally, but the three she has up are something special.

      Delete