Image Map

January 2, 2014

Sinful Colors - Got a Blush On You Swatch & Review

Happy New Year, you guys. I spent a super low-key evening with three of my four favorite people alive. A few years ago, my resolution was to stop biting my nails. It only took like 8 years but BAM nails time!

Arriving super late to the party as usual, my first swatch of the new year is from the Sinful Colors Crystal Crushes collection. I picked this guy up as well as Treasure Chest aaaand I'm going to grab a few other colors while they're still around. I'm kind of wary of 'trend' finishes (see: crackle, matte, etc) but I really love a good texture. My first texture polish was China Glaze - Itty, Bitty & Gritty and I haaaated it. The JulieG Gumdrops polishes redeemed textures for me though, and I've been hooked ever since.

Got a Blush On You is a blue-leaning magenta with pink and blue sparkle. Pretty much opaque in 3 thin coats, the dry time was quick and the texture is reasonably fine. It doesn't feel like sandpaper all over my nails.

(Side note: my mother-in-law-ish got me a light box for Christmas and these swatches are the first to utilize it! Hearts explosion!)


Artificial light.

Artificial light.

Natural light.
I don't have a resolution this year. I dunno. Do... things? I'm such a homebody these days. Maybe maintain a blog that doesn't tooootally suck butt. My swatches are getting better, at least. Thanks, light box!

No comments:

Post a Comment