Image Map

October 18, 2013

OPI: DS Extravagance Swatch & Review

OMG the sun finally happened!! It's the middle of October and we haven't seen snow yet... maybe I'm not giving enough credit to Ohio. I talk about weather a lot, yeah?

My Pinterest shopping addiction has brought me DS Extravagance today. I love the particle action going on in these types of DSs... I don't even know what to call it. It's the same things that DS Fantasy and DS Illuminate have, which are the only two other DS polishes that I own besides DS Mystery, which is different. I am so helpful. I am so helpful blogger.

ALSO it's deep, jewel-toned raspberry/fuchsia color which looks just divine on my pale, spindly fingers and it has scattered holo, you know, things happening. And is opaque in two cats (keeping that) but isn't so pigmented that it's impossible to clean up without getting all up in yr cuticles (coughDSFantasycough).

OH I CUT ALL MY NAILS OFF DO YOU SEE THAT? I broke one (1) out of the three actually substantial nails remaining (on both hands, mind) so I was just like, f&*@ it. Now they're all kind of the same length, at least. WEEP.

Um, so, these swatches are 2 coats DS Extravagance with 1 coat OPI Sec n Dry (which I still kind of have mixed feelings on).



  
<3Sunlight<3


Sunlight, and like, karate hand.
Sunlight


Sunlight

Shade

So, yeah. I think this is a pretty appropriate fall color, but also feels kind of Christmas-presenty to me. It borderlines bright and deep, which I feel is a nice change from your standard "vampy" colors.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my top DS polishes (right after the older holos). I love the base colour on it. And DS always has a great formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first DS was Illuminate and I loved the crap right out of it. I still, like, have no idea what to call it. It's like, I don't know, solid glass fleck? Like rock fleck. Sand fleck. Anyway, Extravagance is so good. It even removes well. I need some of those older holos in my liiiiife.

      Delete